Airborne Arms LLC AAM4-LW ODG
Built on the popular AAM4-LW Platform, the Airborne Arms AAM4-LW ODG features an OD Green Cerekote finish, Hogue 6 position collapsible buttstock with OD Green rubber over-mold, Magpul M-LOK® hand stop kit, 6 Magpul M-LOK® rail covers, and is designed for light weight shoot and move missions. The long 17” M-LOK® rail with Magpul hand stop kit gives shooters the ability to have the support hand extended out closer to the muzzle allowing them to drive the gun with more precision and prevent over travel when transitioning between multiple targets. The 7075 T6 AAZ5 Warthog Linear Compensator directs gases past the 17″ Ultra Slim (1.5″ Outer Diameter) free floating M-LOK® hand-guard while placing as little weight as possible at the end of the barrel. The M-LOK® rail system offers incredible weight savings as well as superior cooling, and ergonomics in a modular locking system.
MATERIALS & CONSTRUCTION
- LOWER RECEIVER: Airborne Arms LLC OD Green Cerekoted Mil-Spec+ with precision cut mag-well using wire EDM technology. CNC Machined out of 7075-T6 aluminum. Type III hard coat anodizing. Made in the USA.
- UPPER RECEIVER: Airborne Arms LLC OD Green Cerekoted Mil-spec+ upper receiver with M4 feed ramps. CNC machined of 7075-T6 aluminum. Type III hard coat anodizing. Made in the USA.
- BARREL:Airborne Arms LLC Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel. Cryogenically treated for cold bore shot predictability. 1:9 twist rate, 16″ M4 Profile, and mil-spec heavy phosphate coated. Hand polished M4 feed ramps. Thermal fit to upper receiver. Made in the USA.
- GAS SYSTEM: Pinned Airborne Arms LLC low profile gas block CNC machined out of 4140 hardened steel with mil-spec heavy phosphate coating. Carbine length Airborne Arms LLC melonite gas tube, grade 8 set screws, direct impingement. Made in the USA
- MUZZLE DEVICE: Airborne Arms LLC AAZ5 Warthog CNC machined from a solid piece of 7075 T6 aluminum. Hard coat black anodized. Designed and machined by Veteran owned businesses and proudly made in the USA.
- BOLT CARRIER GROUP: Airborne Arms LLC Nitride BCG. Made in the USA.
- SIGHTS: New Gen Super Slim Flip-up Front and Rear Sights. Machined from aircraft grade aluminum. Features a posi lock design with a spring loaded side plunger and dual aiming apertures for acquiring moving targets in low visibility.
- HANDGUARD: 17″ M-LOK™ultra slim free-floating hand-guard with proprietary barrel nut design. Super lightweight with 42 slot picatinny top rail, flush fitting and continuous with flat top AR15 upper receiver. Integral anti-rotation tabs for accurate alignment with the upper receiver while completely preventing the handguard from rotating under heavy use. Made in the USA.
- RECEIVER EXTENSION: 6-position receiver extension tube with mil-spec diameter. Made in the USA.
- BUTTSTOCK: 6 position adjustable over-molded butt-stock. Features an OD Green rubber/polymer hybrid buttpad, reinforced polymer construction with over-molded rubber cheek rest, and a rubber friction fit anti-rattle design to prevent movement and slop. Made in USA
- PISTOL GRIP: New gen ergonomic pistol grip with RH palm swell, thumb rest and non-slip texture.
- TRIGGER: Geronimo Trigger System featuring patent pending M.S.A.T. Technology. Made in the USA.
- QD Swivel Mounts: One low profile M-LOK™QD swivel mount installed on handguard and multiple ambidextrious QD swivel mounts on the stock.
- Hand Stop/Rail Covers – The Magpul M-LOK™ hand stop kit serves as a light weight, low-profile M-LOK™ slot index point for improved weapon control, or as a forward stop to prevent the shooter’s hand from reaching the hot front sight assembly or muzzle. 6 Magpul M-LOK™ type 2 rail covers feature beveled contours, utilize TSP texture for additional grip, and protrudes only slightly more than 1/8″ from the mounting surface to maintain a low-profile.