Starting with T6 temper 7075 aluminum (an aluminum alloy with strength comparable to many steels), Our Billet Style upper receivers are still forced under great pressure to produce high-strength aircraft grade forgings of our own design (many billet receivers skip this step to cut cost). These forgings are then CNC machined much more intricately than standard “A4” style Upper Receivers. This more intricate and time consuming machining process is able to remove more material from small areas that results in an enhanced angular design that still manages to maintain our desired structural integrity and performance while shaving excess material. Additionally, we’ve strengthened the retention of the forward assist assembly by doing away with the roll pin as a means of retention and instead replacing it with a stainless steel set screw making it easier to remove and install as well as improving strength and function.
The Advanced Lightweight Upper Receiver from Airborne Arms was designed from the ground up to provide the shooter with the perfect marriage of 1 – the proven performance and durability of the tried and true mil spec A4 style forged upper receiver and 2 – A lighter weight, stronger upper receiver with both updated performance and looks. Thanks to modern CNC technology, streamlined manufacturing processes, and a brilliant assembly of engineers – competition shooters – and combat veterans – we have been able to meet all of our intended design goals at an affordable price point while keeping the manufacturing process and quality control systems of our Advanced Lightweight Upper Receivers right here in the USA.
AAM4 Lightweight and Advanced Upper Receiver Assembly
- New picatinny profile that blends seamlessly with our Leviathan Series Hand guards first featured on our HERJA rifle series
- Enhanced Weight reduction Billet style countouring
- Hardcoat Anodized
- M4 Feedramps
- .250 takedown pin holes
- Laser engraved T-marks
- Forward Assist Assembly with stainless steel retaining screw
- Dust Cover Assembly including black oxide stainless steel spring
- Made, plated, assembled, inspected, and packaged all in the USA
- AAM4 Lightweight and Advanced Upper Receiver
- Forward assist Assemble with Stainless Steel retaining screw (installed)
- Dust cover assembly complete with Black Oxided Stainless Steel Spring (installed)